Apple Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are always in season in North Carolina. Apple Glazed Sweet Potatoes calls for four simple ingredients and will be easy on the SNAP dollars. Enjoy this delicious recipe as a side dish or dessert. Make sure to get the kids involved in the preparation (if age appropriate). Check out the directions below and enjoy!
So easy, just simmer sweet potato slices in juice and serve.
- 2½ cups unsweetened 100% apple juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 small potatoes), peeled and thinly sliced
- Combine apple juice, cinnamon, and salt in a large skillet. Add sliced sweet potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat slightly and simmer potatoes, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and juice has been reduced to a glaze. Serve while hot.
Makes 4 servings – ½ cup per serving.
- Calories: 208
- Total Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 50 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 3 g
Information Accessed at:
Leave a Reply