Are you looking for a spin to traditional buttermilk pancakes? Try these apple pancakes! Follow the recipe below and top it off with slices of apple or your favorite fruit. Prepare these pancakes the night prior or the morning of with your children. Pair with syrup, jelly or eat plain. Utilize your SNAP dollars and enjoy!
(Any additional toppings will alter the Nutrition Facts listed below)
- 1 apple
- 1 ¼ c. pancake mix (use the type that only requires adding water)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 c. low-fat milk
- Lightly coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apple into rings.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients for pancake batter. Stir until ingredients are evenly moist.
- For each pancake, place apple ring on griddle and pour about 1/4 cup batter over apple ring; starting in the center and covering the apple.
- Cook until bubbles appear. Turn and cook other side until lightly brown.
Makes 6 servings.
- About 160 calories
- 4 grams (g) of fat
- 24 g carbohydrate
- 1 g fiber
Recipe and Nutrition Facts Accessed at:
Leave a Reply