Are you looking for an easy breakfast meal that your kids can prepare themselves? Banana Pudding Overnight Oats is the answer. Prepare Overnight Oats after dinner and allow the oats to sit through the night to become soft. Before you get started, grab a few mason jars. If you’re feeling crafty, turn this into an activity with your children and decorate the mason jars. This meal is ideal as breakfast, but can also be a snack. Overnight Oats are convenient for children to grab themselves before beginning virtual learning or heading to school. Use the ingredients below, or try different items in your oats including various milks or yogurt to satisfy your taste buds or dietary needs. Don’t forget to utilize your SNAP dollars!
- 2 ripe bananas, divided
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 graham cracker, crumbled
- 4 (8-ounce) glass jars with lids
- In a medium bowl, mash 1 banana with a fork
- Stir in oats, yogurt, milk, chia seeds*, cinnamon, and vanilla extract*. Divide evenly between the four glass jars. Place the lids on the jars and refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight
- Before serving, slice the remaining banana. Top oats with sliced banana and crumbled graham cracker.