Quiche can a breakfast, lunch, or dinner meal. This meal is so light and delicious. It can be customized to satisfy an entire household. The recipe discussed today does not include meat, but meat can be included in your dish. These low-cost ingredients can be paid for with your SNAP dollars and may be available at your local farmer’s market where SNAP dollars have the potential to be doubled. Check out the NC Agriculture in-season chart. Get your kids in the kitchen and try the recipe below!
- 1 pie crust (baked, 9-inch)
- 1 cup vegetables (chopped, broccoli, zucchini, or mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup cheese (shredded)
- 3 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup milk (non-fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Shred the cheese with a grater. Put it in a small bowl for now.
3. Chop the vegetables until you have 1 cup of chopped vegetables.
4. Cook the vegetables until they are cooked, but still crisp.
5. Put the cooked vegetables and shredded cheese into a pie shell.
6. Mix the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl.
7. Pour the egg mix over the cheese and vegetables
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
9. Let the quiche cool for 5 minutes before serving
Recipe and Nutrition Information Retrieved from:
Serving Size: 1 slice, 1/6 of recipe (128g)
Top of Form
Show Full Display
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Total Sugars||3 g|
|Added Sugars included||0 g|
|Vitamin D||1 mcg|
Bottom of Form
Leave a Reply