Bell Pepper Nachos
Taco Tuesday has been a theme for a while, why not add an additional main dish! Bell Pepper Nachos are delicious and a great addition to family taco night. This simple recipe is easy for a child to prepare, with the assistance of an adult. With only a few simple ingredients, this meal is easily customizable and can be brought with your SNAP dollars. Check out the recipe below for a quick meal!
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup of salsa
- 2 teaspoons seasoning (try a mixture of chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, pepper)
- 2 cups of cooked meat (chopped or shredded), beans or tofu
- ½ cup of shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash bell peppers, remove seeds and cut into bite size pieces, with the assistance of an adult. Arrange pieces close together in a single layer on a large foil-lined baking sheet. (Child-friendly step)
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa, seasonings and meat, beans or tofu. Spoon the mixture evenly over the pepper pieces then top with cheese. (Child-friendly step)
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
For added flavor, top with chopped cilantro, green onions or black olives!
Recipe can be accessed at:
8 servings per container
Serving size 1 cup (136 grams)
Amount per Serving
- Calories: 100
- Total Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 9g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Total Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 9g
Leave a Reply