Chicken tenders can satisfy an appetite of any age. Typically, chicken tenders are fried. Why not try a healthier alternative that is also budget friendly. The recipe listed below calls for a few ingredients and will be easy on your SNAP dollars. This is also a kid-friendly recipe that children can assist with in the kitchen. Once your meal is complete, you and your family can try out different dipping sauces! This is the perfect time to get creative by making your own sauce, mixing sauces, or simply trying a new one!
Yield: [4 servings]
- 1 pound boneless chicken (2 breasts)
- ¼ cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Optional: 1/3 teaspoon garlic or onion powder or Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Crush bread crumbs in a large plastic bag. If desired, add salt, pepper, and other spices. Pour into large plate.
- Cut each breast into strips (with the assistance of an adult).
- Pour milk into pie plate or shallow dish. Dip chicken strips in milk and then in bread crumbs. Place chicken on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
Dip Ideas: Ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, honey mustard, sweet and sour sauce, or ketchup.
Pair your chicken tenders with a fruit cup for a perfect sweet and sour balance.
4 servings per container
Serving size: (149g)
Amount per serving
- Calories: 200
- Total Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 250 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 15g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 30g
- Calcium: 10mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 26mg
Nutrition facts do not account for any dipping sauces you choose to have with your meal.
Recipe and Nutrition Facts accessed at: