Everyone loves fruit during the hot summer months. While we traditionally cut fruit up and enjoy the sweet juices, there are other ways to enjoy the fruit as well. Chilled cantaloupe soup will keep your kitchen and body cool as it is meant to be served at a cooler temperature. This recipe is perfect for a summer snack. Consume it as a soup, freeze it to make popsicles, or pour it over ice and drink as a beverage. However you choose to consume this recipe, this is sure to be a pleaser. Check your local Farmers Market to see if the EBT card is accepted to purchase locally grown produce.
Ingredients (Makes 6 servings):
- 1 cantaloupe (peeled, seeded, and cubed)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- Wash hands with soap and warm water.
- Place cantaloupe and 1/2 cup orange juice in a container of a blender or food processor.
- Cover with lid and blend until smooth. Transfer to large bowl.
- Stir in lime juice, cinnamon, and remaining orange juice.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts and Recipe Accessed at: