Crunchy Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is a quick, versatile meal. Try it by itself, on bread, with crackers, or with lettuce. Chicken salad can also be made sweet or sour depending on the mood you’re in. The choice is yours! Add different types of fruits and vegetables until you are pleased with the taste!
- 2 cups chicken
- ½ cup celery
- ¼ cup pepper
- ¼ onion
- ½ cup grapes
- ½ cup cucumber
- 1 apple
- ¾ cup yogurt
- Use leftover cooked chicken, or cook enough chicken to make 2 cups of chicken pieces.
- Chop the celery into small pieces.
- Chop the green pepper into small pieces.
- Peel and chop 1/4 of an onion.
- Peel and chop half of a cucumber.
- Chop the apple into pieces. It’s okay to leave the peel on the apple.
- Cut the grapes in half.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together.
Prep and cook time: 15-20 min.
- Amount per serving: 140 calories
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fat: 4.5g
- Protein: 17g
- Dietary fiber: 1g
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network
Recipe and Nutrition Information Accessed at:
Leave a Reply