Spring is officially here, and green vegetables are in abundance! To celebrate, let’s explore some of our favorite recipes that have healthy green ingredients.
Green Smoothie: https://www.morefood.org/green-smoothie/
Green Basilla Dip: https://www.morefood.org/green-basilla-dip/
Roasted Broccoli: https://www.morefood.org/roasted-broccoli/
Crunchy Kale Chips: https://www.morefood.org/crunchy-kale-chips/
Meatless Meal-Tofu with Broccoli: https://www.morefood.org/meatless-meal-tofu-with-broccoli/
Three Sisters Salad: https://www.morefood.org/three-sisters-salad/
Basic Quiche: https://www.morefood.org/basic-quiche/
Spring is also when Farmers’ Market crowds pick back up just in time for the warm weather. Be sure to check your local Farmers’ Market for locally grown produce.
Try this delicious one pan recipe to make sure your Farmers’ Market produce does not go to waste.
One Pan Sausage & Vegetables
- 12-16 ounces Smoked Turkey or Chicken Sausage (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups sweet potato (diced into 1/2” cubes)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (any colors you like)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (or taco)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Slice the sausage into 1” rounds. Dice the sweet potatoes into small 1/2” cubes.
- Add the sausage, veggies and minced garlic to a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the Italian spices or your favorite spice blend. Seasoning with salt and pepper. Toss veggies with your hands until they are fully combined and coated with olive oil and spices.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Enjoy with rice!
All ingredients for this recipe are eligible under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). If you are interested in applying for SNAP, please contact More In My Basket for an eligibility screening and application assistance.
Or visit: morefood.org
Recipe & Nutrition Facts accessed at:https://mealplannerpro.com/member-recipes/Healthy-20-Minute-Sheet-Pan-Sausage-and-Veggies-1999524