Whether gathering indoors or outdoors, let’s celebrate with great food and cool drinks. The Fruit Slush is the perfect combination of summer fruits blended for a refreshing flavor. Try different fruit combinations to add in your own touch. Once prepared, add your own garnishes for a final touch or chop extra fruit for the bottom or your cup. This beverage is perfect serving in a punch bowl, individual cups, or pitcher. The choice is yours! All the ingredients listed below are SNAP eligible food items.
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 2 2/3 cups cantaloupe or watermelon (coarsely chopped, seeded, peeled)
- kiwi (1 2/3 cup coarsely chopped, optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, optional
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a blender, puree fruit with sugar and lime juice until smooth.
- Combine fruit mixture and water in a large pitcher.
- If desired, pour through a strainer to eliminate pulp.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to a week.
- To serve, stir well and pour into tall glasses over ice.
Recipe & Nutrition Facts Accessed at:
Leave a Reply