Let the countdown begin! The regular football season has ended and it’s time for the biggest game of the year! Superbowl LVII is set to kick off on Sunday, February 12th. Start planning your game day appetizers and party meals now. Planning ahead will save you money at the grocery and a headache from searching for popular items. Whether you’re attending a game day celebration or watching solo, Ham and Cheese sliders will be the winner of the night. If you’re dining alone, decrease each ingredient on the list to half or make the full portion and freeze the leftovers!
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 24 mini sandwich rolls
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked deli ham
- 1 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
*Soy sauce can be used in place of Worcestershire sauce. * Choice of deli meat can also be altered.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Mix butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and dried onion in a bowl.
- Separate the tops from the bottoms of the rolls; arrange the bottom pieces in a layer in the prepared baking dish. Layer about 1/2 of the ham onto the rolls; add a layer of Swiss cheese and top with remaining ham slices. Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches. Pour mustard mixture evenly over the rolls.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the rolls are lightly browned and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes. Slice into individual rolls through the ham and cheese layers to serve.
Recipe and Nutrition Facts accessed at: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/216756/baked-ham-and-cheese-party-sandwiches/
All of the ingredients for the above recipes are SNAP eligible. For questions about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or to receive Application Assistance contact the More In My Basket staff:
English Toll Free: 1-855-240-1451
Spanish Toll Free: 1-888-382-7105
Leave a Reply