Tired of spending hours preparing a meal just to tire of it the next day? More In My Basket (MIMB) may be able to help with that. Roast once, serve three times! Rotisserie chicken is delicious, versatile and don’t worry there’s always some to spare.
Day one, roast your chicken and eat it with vegetables or another side of your choosing. Additional sides may include rice, macaroni & cheese, or potatoes. Season your chicken with your favorite spices or add dipping sauce. Spend one day in the kitchen and get three different meals. Try the recipe below to get started.
- 1 chicken, whole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper (optional).
- Rub chicken with oil, then rub with spice mixture.
- Place chicken, breast side down, in roasting pan or Dutch oven.
- Bake, uncovered, until internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Recipe and Nutrition Facts accessed at: https://www.myplate.gov/recipes/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap/roast-chicken
All of the ingredients for the above recipe are SNAP eligible. For questions about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or to receive Application Assistance contact the More In My Basket staff:
English Toll Free: 1-855-240-1451
Spanish Toll Free: 1-888-382-7105
Follow the MIMB three-part series for two additional meals from rotisserie chicken!