Looking for an interesting way to spice up your favorite snack? Try different seasonings! Popcorn is a snack time favorite and can served in a variety of ways to satisfy your taste buds. Why not experiment with different seasoning selections until you find the perfect one. Popcorn seasoning can be added to pre-made bagged popcorn, un-popped bags, or you can purchase kernels & oil to pop yourself. Check out some of these Martha Stewart inspired popcorn selections that you and your will love!
For each of these mixtures, simply place all dry ingredients in a medium bowl; stir until they are combined, and transfer to an airtight container for storage. Coat with butter and season popcorn to taste. All of the variations can be doubled or tripled, depending on the size of the container you plan to use.
Heat oil and a few popcorn kernels in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over high heat. When kernels pop, add remaining kernels and cover. Remove from heat; let stand 30 seconds. Return to heat and cook, shaking pot frequently, until popping stops, 1 to 2 minutes
Sea Salt-Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground or cracked black pepper
- 1 ¼ teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest, plus juice from 1 large lime wedge
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter unsalted
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated brown sugar (or light-brown sugar sifted)
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
If you’re looking for a popcorn flavor to satisfy your sweet tooth, don’t forget about the classic cinnamon, chocolate, and caramel flavors that be easily be added (or your favorite candy). Enjoy this delicious treat while watching a movie at home or in between meals.
Information Accessed at: