This delicious dessert is a hit with kids and adults. It takes the classic s’more recipe and gives it a fruity, nutritious kick with less sugar! This recipe is the perfect addition to a family game night or an after meal treat. Check out the North Carolina Fruit and Vegetable Availability Chart to find when strawberries are in season or another fruit of your choice. Take advantage of the Farmer’s Markets that double the value of your SNAP benefits. Try this smore with different fruit until you find the perfect taste for you.
Makes: 1 Serving
- 2 strawberries
- 1 graham cracker
- 2 Tbs yogurt, low-fat vanilla
- Rinse and slice strawberries
- Break graham cracker in half and add the yogurt and strawberries to ½ of graham cracker.
- Top with the other ½ graham cracker.
- Substitute any desired low-fat yogurt flavor.
- Try other fruits like blueberries, bananas, etc.
Serving Size: Whole recipe
Total Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Source and Nutrition Information: https://www.snap4ct.org/strawberry-smores.html