Sweet Potato Chili
We all love soups and chili when the weather begins to cool. Sweet Potato chili takes advantage of the in-season potato for a delicious meal. At only $5.19 for the recipe cost, $ 0.65 per serving, you’ll get the most bang for your buck or SNAP dollars with this recipe. Sweet Potato chili gives you an alternative to the ground meat option. Add crackers or bread crumbs for an additional crunch, or jalapeños for extra spice.
As always, be sure to take advance of your local Farmer’s Market for in season produce, and the double bucks program the market may offer. Utilize your SNAP benefits wisely as the holiday season is almost among us, which means more delicious family meals!
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet potatoes (do not drain)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (do not drain)
- Water to achieve desired consistency
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Dried or fresh chopped cilantro
- Combine sweet potatoes, chili powder and salsa in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook until heated through, stirring as needed.
- Add beans with liquid and cook another 3 minutes to blend flavors.
- Thin with water if needed. Heat through. 5. Serve with sour cream, cheese and cilantro on the side.
Notes: Optional- To reduce sodium, use canned vegetables without added salt.
Servings: 8 Serving Size:1 cup
- Calories: 160
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 790 mg
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 7g
- Daily Value of Vitamin D: 0%
- Daily Value of Calcium: 4%
- Daily Value of Iron: 10%
- Daily Value of Potassium: 6%
Recipe and Nutrition Facts Accessed at:
Leave a Reply