Sweet Potato Muffins are such a convenient meal/snack. A one time preparation yields thirty (30) servings so there is plenty to go around. These muffins can easily be made into a breakfast meal. Simply pair with a side of fruit, yogurt, or orange juice. Check out our previous blog on fruit salad. Use your SNAP dollars to purchase the ingredients below so you and your family can enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped raisins
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and sweet potatoes; mix well.
- In a large bowl, stir flour with baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Alternate adding milk and the potato mixture to the large bowl with your dry ingredients.
- Fold in nuts and raisins.
- Spoon into greased 1 ½ inch muffin tins, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Prep and cook time
Prep time: 15 min. Cook time: 10 min.
Amount per serving: 53 calories; Carbohydrate: 8g; Fat: 2g; Protein: 1g; Dietary fiber: 0g
Contributed by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
Recipe and Nutrition Information Retrieved at: