It’s always sweet potato season in North Carolina! Turn this recipe into your own by adding bacon, your favorite seasonings, or additional vegetables (additional ingredients are not represented in nutrition facts label). Head over to your local Farmers’ Market, grab some sweet potatoes and enjoy this dish. This dish is perfect for a light lunch, snack, or side dish.
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- ½ cup sweet corn, fresh
- 4 oz. light yogurt, plain
- 1 large tomato
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
***Basil, Parsley, or Rosemary can substitute the dill weed.***
- In a small dish, mix the yogurt, dill and garlic. Set aside. (Note: this is better if let to sit overnight in the refrigerator.)
- Bake sweet potato and allow to cool. Remove skin and cut into chunks.
- Grill sweet corn (or cook on the stove) and remove from the ear once cooled with a paring knife.
- Chunk tomato into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Layer sweet potato, corn, and tomato on a salad plate and top with yogurt sauce for a cool, refreshing and sweet salad that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner.
Recipe and Nutrition Facts Accessed at:
All ingredients for this recipe are eligible under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). If you are interested in applying for SNAP, please contact More In My Basket for an eligibility screening and application assistance.
English Toll Free: 1-855-240-1451
Spanish Toll Free: 1-888-382-7105
Or visit: morefood.org