Let’s stir up something sweet just in time for Valentine’s Day. Homemade treats are the best, especially when they’re made with love. Instead of purchasing big name candy items, why not spend time with your friends and family in the kitchen. This is the perfect recipe to get the children involved in. Who’s says you can’t have your cake and eat too! Valentine’s Day has never tasted so good!
If you don’t have a sweet tooth, you can gift your loved ones’ tips on managing their food spending or coupons for their favorite food items.
Easy Cake Mix Bars
- 1 yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/3 cup jimmies (sprinkles)
Substitute 2% milk with the milk of your choice. Options can include Oat, Almond, Skim, or Whole.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg, milk and oil (mixture will be thick). Stir in baking chips and jimmies. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars
|Nutrition Facts (per serving):|
|Serving Size: 1 bar|
|Fat:||5g (2g saturated fat)|
|Carbohydrates:||16g (11g sugar)|
Recipe and Nutrition Facts accessed at: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/easy-cake-mix-bars/
All of the ingredients for the above recipes are SNAP eligible. For questions about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or to receive Application Assistance contact the More In My Basket staff:
English Toll Free: 1-855-240-1451
Spanish Toll Free: 1-888-382-7105