Veggie Quesadillas with Cilantro Yogurt Dip
Quesadillas are simple to make and the possibilities of ingredients are endless. Use your SNAP dollars to try different vegetables or meat in your quesadilla. Check out your local Farmer’s Market to see what’s in season for the best deals. The vegetable quesadilla below may give you some ideas. If preparing this with children, use caution when cutting vegetables. Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
- 12 soft corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 ½ cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen/thawed, or canned/drained)
- ½ cup beans, black or pinto (canned or cooked; drained)
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely minced (optional)
- Cilantro Yogurt Dip
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat large skillet over low heat (250 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Divide cheese, corn, beans, cilantro, shredded carrots and peppers between the tortillas, covering about half of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half over the filling.
- Place one or two folded tortillas on a dry skillet and heat until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and cook other side until golden, about 1 minute.
- Remove to a plate and repeat until all tortillas are heated.
- Mix together nonfat yogurt, cilantro and salt to make the dip.
- Cut each quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately with the dip.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 quesadilla (127g)
- Servings Per Container: 12
- Calories: 160 Calories from fat: 50
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 300 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 19g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 7g
Recipe and Nutrition Facts Accessed at:
Leave a Reply