With higher temperatures approaching our state, we want to continue to give you ideas with recipes where you can use the seasonal fruits in North Carolina. Invite the little hands at your home to help make this YOGURT & BLUEBERRIES FROZEN BARS. The kids will learn how to make these bars and will enjoy eating something made with their own hands. And, this delicious and nutritional recipe can be adjusted with other fruits of your choice! This cool summer treat is a delicious example of how you and your family can utilize your SNAP dollars.
- 1/2 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (rinsed)
- 30 oz of plain or vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup walnuts/almonds (optional)
- Wax paper
- Large cooking tray
- Rinse strawberries and blueberries (or choice of fruit) before use.
- Cut the strawberries in thin slices.
- Cut wax paper to the size of the tray and place inside it.
- Pour the yogurt evenly in the tray.
- Sprinkle the strawberries and blueberries on the poured yogurt along with any optional nuts you would like to add.
- Place tray carefully in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- After yogurt is frozen, remove from tray and use a sharp knife to cut yogurt into bars of your desired size.
Nutrition Facts: (per serving)
Servings: 6 Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 94
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 22mg
Recipe Accessed at: https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/frozen-yogurt-bark-with-berries/