One Chicken, Several Meals – Part 3
It’s Day 3 and we’re not done with the roasted chicken just yet. Although there may slim pickings, there’s still enough for one last meal. Turning one entrée into three dishes has saved time, money, and made you see the versatility of one item. With continuing rising food costs, serving every piece of a meal will help save money in the long run.
Add all your favorite toppings to the Shredded Rotisserie Chicken Sandwich. This is the perfect lunch meal to pair with fruit, chips, or eat solo. The ingredient amounts listed can be decreased if preparing fewer than four sandwiches.
Shredded Rotisserie Chicken Sandwich
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granulated
- 1 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 – 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups cole slaw, pre-made
- 4 – 5 Hamburger potato buns
- In a medium pan, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté chicken bouillon, pepper, onion, and tomato sauce until onion is translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add water and stir. Mix in chicken and stir to combine. Let cook for an additional 5 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Build the sandwich with a layer of the chicken and top with slaw.
- Serve and enjoy!
|The nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate.|
Recipe and Nutrition Facts accessed at: https://mydominicankitchen.com/chicken-sandwich/
All of the ingredients for the above recipe are SNAP eligible. For questions about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or to receive Application Assistance contact the More In My Basket staff:
English Toll Free: 1-855-240-1451
Spanish Toll Free: 1-888-382-7105
Follow the link to read the entire three-part series of One Chicken, Several Meals! Click here (insert link) for Part one and here for Part two.
Leave a Reply